
一大堆專案報告
It’s high season. Maddie is finally taking her lunch break. She sees Richard sitting cozily in his seat.
忙季到了。麥蒂終於開始午休,但她看到理查愜意地坐在位子上。
high season忙季lunch break午休cozily(adv.)愜意地seat(n.)座位、cubicle小隔間
Maddie: Well, somebody is getting all the rest they need.
麥蒂:哇哇,有人都在休息啊。
Richard: What do you mean?
理查:你在說什麼?
Maddie: Doesn’t your team have piles of projects going on? Why are you sitting here?
麥蒂:你們組上不是有一堆專案報告要弄嗎?你怎麼坐在這?
team組、隊piles of一堆堆project(n.)專案go on進行中
Richard: Shh. Keep it down.
理查:噓噓,小聲一點。
keep (the voice) down小聲一點
Maddie: What’s the matter?
麥蒂:怎麼了?
Richard: You know there’s new blood on my team. Such a willing rookie.
理查:你知道我們這邊剛來一個很積極的新人,真是個菜鳥。
new blood新血such a N.真是個willing(adj.)主動的、積極的
Maddie: So he’s doing all the work; and what about you?
麥蒂:所以他就做全部的事情,然後你?
Richard: I’m doing what a veteran should be doing: chilling.
理查:我只是做一個老鳥該做的事——放鬆。
veteran(n.)老鳥、資深、老兵=old handchill(v.)變冷、放輕鬆、Just chilling
Maddie: You’d better pray the boss doesn’t find out. He’s heading over to that rookie now.
麥蒂:你最好祈禱老闆不要發現,他現在正往那個菜鳥走去。
pray(v.)祈禱、prayer(n.)祈禱find out發現
Richard: Relax. It’s all taken care of.
理查:放心啦,我都說好了。
relax(v.)放鬆It′s all taken care of.免驚、我都安排好了