
提供醫生證明
Hi Carl,
嗨,卡爾:
I’m writing this email to you because you were absent from class today when I made a change to the research paper assignment.
我寫這封電子郵件給你是因為你今天缺課,而我剛好在今天修改了論文的截止日期。
reach out聯繫absent(adj.)缺席的、心不在焉的present(adj.)在場的absence(n.)缺席absence with pay帶薪休假=paid leaveabsence of mind心不在焉in absence of…缺乏~make an adjustment做出改變
As you know, the original due date for the paper was 15th of this month.
如你所知,論文的原定截止日期是本月15日。
However, I need to take leave for a family emergency, so we will not be meeting for either of our classes next week.
然而,我家裡有急事需要請假,所以我們下週兩堂課都不會見面。
take leave請假maternity leave產假parental leave育嬰假sickness leave病假bereavement leave喪假paid leave帶薪休假
Therefore, I am changing the due date of the paper until the 20th.
因此,我將論文的截止日期更改為20日。
as a result因此
If you have any questions about this, please feel free to contact me via email.
如果你對此有任何疑問,請隨時透過電子郵件與我聯繫。
feel free不需拘束=don’t hesitate to...contact(v.)聯繫
Also, I’ve noticed that you have been absent several times in the past two weeks.
另外,我注意到在過去兩週裡你缺席了好幾次。
notice(v.)注意
A few of your classmates have told me that you’ve been sick recently.
有幾位同學告訴我你最近生病了。
a few一些(修飾可數名詞)
If this is true, let me know and I can give you more time to complete your homework assignments.
如果這是真的,請讓我知道,我可以給你更多時間完成作業。
deadline(n.)截稿日
I’m more than willing to do this, but only if you provide a doctor’s note about your illness.
我很樂意這樣做,但前提是你提供關於你生病的醫生證明。
be willing to do sth.願意做某事情only if:表達強調性if only:表達希望或遺憾感
Additionally, if you need more time to write the research paper, I can give you an extra week to work on it.
此外,如果你需要更多時間來寫研究論文,我可以額外給你一周的時間。
However, this option is available to you only if you provide proof from your doctor.
但是,只有在你提供醫生證明時才有此選擇。
however(adv.)然而=nonetheless= neverthelessoption(n.)選擇optional(adj.)可選擇的proof(n.)證明
Take care and feel better,
注意身體,祝早日康復,
Dr. Meredith Li
李梅瑞博士
Department of History
歷史系