
公路旅行不卡關!
Alex is at the car rental counter at Los Angeles Airport.
艾力克斯人在洛杉磯機場的租車櫃檯。
rental(n.)租賃服務、租賃(物品)rental fee租金rental shop租借店
Agent: Good morning! Welcome to Star Rent-A-Car. Do you have a reservation?
櫃檯人員:早安!歡迎來到星辰租車。請問有預約嗎?
reservation(n.)預約reserve(v.)預訂、保留
Alex: Yes, I booked a car online. The name is Alex Chen.
艾力克斯:有的,我網路上訂了車。名字是艾力克斯陳。
Agent: I see it. A Toyota Corolla for five days. May I see your driver’s license and credit card, please?
櫃檯人員:我看到了。一台豐田花冠,租期五天。我可以看一下你的駕照和信用卡嗎?
license(n.)執照、駕照business license營業執照
Alex: Here you go. Is the car an automatic?
艾力克斯:在這裡。這台車是自排的嗎?
here you go在這裡、給你automatic(n.)自動換檔汽車(adj.)自動的
Agent: Yes, almost all cars in the U.S. are automatic. I recommend adding LDW insurance for $30 a day. If you have an accident, you don’t have to pay for the car.
櫃檯人員:是的,美國幾乎所有的車都是自排。我建議加購每天30美元的車體損傷免責險。如果你發生意外,就不用負擔這台車的維修費用。
LDW=Loss Damage Waiver損失損害免責insurance(n.)保險life insurance壽險/liability insurance責任險take out/buy insurance投保
Alex: That sounds safer. Okay, I’ll take the insurance.
艾力克斯:那聽起來比較安全。好,我要加購保險。
Agent: Great. Please sign this rental agreement. Your car is in Section G, Space 12.
櫃檯人員:太好了。請在這份租賃合約上簽名。你的車在G區12號車位。
sign(v.)簽署、簽名sign a contract簽合約sign up for註冊、報名sign in登入
Alex: One more thing. Does it take regular gas?
艾力克斯:還有一件事。這台車是加普通汽油嗎?
one more thing還有一件事regular(adj.)普通的、一般的
Agent: Yes. Please return it with a full tank, or we will charge you extra.
櫃檯人員:是的。請記得還車時要加滿油,否則我們會額外收費。
tank(n.)儲(油、氣體)的容器charge(v.)收費charge money for+服務、商品:收取~的費用
Alex: Understood. Thank you for your help!
艾力克斯:了解。謝謝你的幫忙!