
外國遊客必看
Emma is a foreign tourist. She is renting a car from an American car rental company.
艾瑪是外國遊客,在美國租車公司租車。
foreign(adj.)外國的、國外的、不熟悉的rental(n.)出租、租賃
Emma: Hi! I’d like to rent a Toyota SUV for three days.
艾瑪:你好!我想租一輛Toyota休旅車三天。
SUV:Sport Utility Vehicle運動型多功能休旅車
Clerk: That’s fine! We have a red Toyota RAV4. Do you want it?
店員:沒問題!我們有一輛紅色Toyota RAV4。你想租嗎?
Emma: Yes, please. How much is that per day?
艾瑪:好的,一天多少錢?
per(prep.)每
Clerk: $55 a day, total $165 for three days. With tax, it’s about $178. Would you like to add full insurance?
店員:每天55美元,三天總共165美元。加上稅金,大約178美元。你想加全險嗎?
tax(n.)稅/income tax所得稅insurance(n.)保險health insurance健康保險/life insurance壽險
Emma: Yes, please. Here’s my international driver’s license and credit card.
艾瑪:好的,我要全險。這是我的國際駕照和信用卡。
driver’s license駕照
Clerk: Sure! Do you need a child seat?
店員:好的!你需要兒童座椅嗎?
Emma: Nope, but one question — does the car come with a full tank of gas?
艾瑪:不用,不過我有個問題——車子油箱是滿的嗎?
come with包含、附帶tank(n.)油箱gas(n.)汽油
Clerk: Yes, it’s full. Please return it full when you finish. Here are your license and card back.
店員:是的,滿的。用完後請加滿再還。這是你的駕照和信用卡。
return(v.)歸還、還回/return sth. to sb./place把某物還給某人/某地
Emma: Thank you! I’m excited to drive.
艾瑪:謝謝!我很期待開車。
Clerk: Great! You’re all set. Your car is in the lot, space C5. Here’s your key. Drive safely!
店員:很好!一切都準備好了。你的車在停車場C5位。這是鑰匙。開車小心!
all set一切就緒、一切都安排妥當了lot(n.)停車場=parking lot
Emma: Thank you!
艾瑪:謝謝!