
新年貨量暴增
David and Annie are roommates. They are both in the living room.
大衛和安妮是室友。他們都在客廳。
David: What are we having for dinner tonight?
大衛:晚餐要吃什麼?
Annie: Did you have something in mind?
安妮:你有什麼想法嗎?
David: Didn’t you order some seafood straight from Penghu? Has the package arrived?
大衛:你不是從澎湖訂了海鮮嗎?包裹到了嗎?
seafood海鮮straight(adv.)直接package(n.)包裹
Annie: Actually, no. I’m still waiting. The delivery service is a mess right now.
安妮:沒有。我還在等。貨運配送現在簡直一團糟。
mess(n.)亂七八糟
David: I think many people have ordered things online since the New Year is around the corner.
大衛:我想很多人都有訂東西,因為農曆新年就快到了。
be around the corner=be coming soon就要到來
Annie: Especially the goods which need to be refrigerated. The delivery company has emailed me about the delay.
安妮:尤其是需要冷藏的生鮮食品。宅配公司有用電子郵件通知我延遲的事情。
delay(n.)延遲
David: I heard that many have even stopped their service. My mom was worried about what to cook for the reunion dinner. Her hands will be tied if there’re no proper ingredients.
大衛:我聽說很多公司甚至暫停配送服務。我媽媽現在很擔心年夜飯。沒有食材她的廚藝也無用武之地。
reunion dinner年夜飯hands be tied束手無策ingredient(n.)原料
Annie: So, I’m not sure when we can finally enjoy the fresh seafood from Penghu.
安妮:所以真的不知道什麼時候才能吃到澎湖來的新鮮海鮮。
fresh(adj.)新鮮的
David: Well, we’ll just have to keep waiting.
大衛:嗯,也只能繼續等囉。
Annie: Anyway, we have to figure out what to eat for tonight first.
安妮:不管怎樣,我們得先想好今晚要吃什麼啊。
figure out想出來