
第一年工作的心意
The Lunar New Year is coming soon. Troy has a question for Nicole.
過年就要到了,特洛伊想要問妮可一些事情。
be coming soon就要來到、soon很快question(n.)問題
Troy: Can I ask you something?
特洛伊:我可以問你一些事嗎?
Nicole: Sure.
妮可:當然。
Troy: How much money do you give your parents in their red envelopes?
特洛伊:就是你通常過年紅包都包多少給你父母啊?
how much多少、不可數money(n.)金錢give-gave-given(v.)給予parent(n.)家長、父母
Nicole: Why do you ask?
妮可:怎麼突然問這個?
Troy: This is my first year working full-time, so...
特洛伊:這是我第一年工作,所以⋯⋯
work full-time正職工作、work part-time兼職工作、打工
Nicole: Aha! It’s your turn to give them red envelopes.
妮可:哈哈,換你要包紅包了。
sb′s turn to do sth.輪到某人做…
Troy: Exactly!
特洛伊:沒錯。
exactly沒錯
Nicole: Well, I don’t think the amount is the point. It’s the thought that counts.
妮可:這個嘛,我覺得數目不是重點,就是個心意而已。
amount(n.)數目point(n.)圓點、重點It′s the thought that counts.心意才重要
Troy: Is that right?
特洛伊:真的嗎?
Nicole: Yeah, your parents will be glad anyway. Don’t worry about it.
妮可:對,無論你包多少,你爸媽都會很高興的啦!別緊張。
glad(adj.)高興的worry about擔心