
信用評分不佳影響
Jane is in the living room with her roommate, Jack. He is looking at a piece of paper.
珍與室友傑克待在客廳,傑克在看一張紙。
Jack: Hey, isn’t this your credit card bill?
傑克:欸,這不是妳的信用卡帳單嗎?
Jane: Oh no! I completely forgot about it!
珍:喔不,我把這事忘得一乾二淨了!
Jack: The payment due date has already passed. You’ll get charged for a late payment.
傑克:繳款期限已經過了,銀行會向妳收取一筆逾期還款違約金。
payment(n.)付帳;款項due(adj.)預期的;預計的charge(v.)收費
Jane: I know. But it’s no use crying over spilled milk.
珍:我知道啊,但現在後悔也於事無補。
it’s no use crying over spilled milk=事已至此,傷心也沒用
Jack: Well, don’t get into the habit of paying your bills late.
傑克:不要老是遲繳卡費啊。
get out of the habit=改掉習慣
Jane: Why? What will happen?
珍:為什麼?會怎麼樣嗎?
Jack: Besides the late fees, not paying your bills on time will reflect poorly on your credit score.
傑克:除了要繳違約金,不準時還款也會影響妳的信用評分。
reflect on=給人留下某種印象
Jane: And then?
珍:然後呢?
Jack: And then banks will be less willing to loan you money.
傑克:然後銀行就會更不願意讓妳貸款。
be willing to do sth.=願意做某事
Jane: I don’t think I’ll need to borrow money any time soon.
珍:我想我短期內也不會需要借錢。
Jack: In some cases, a bad credit score can even affect your job hunting.
傑克:在某些情況下,信用評分不佳會影響妳找工作。
affect(v.)影響
Jane: All right. I got your point.
珍:好吧,我懂你的意思了。