
喝杯咖啡打打氣
Emma and Mark are colleagues. Emma is leaving the office.
艾瑪和馬克是同事。艾瑪正要離開辦公室。
leave(v.)離開
Emma: You are still here?
艾瑪:你還在工作啊?
Mark: I have to be. I got so much work.
馬克:我必須啊。有很多工作要完成。
Emma: Are you working on the report for the clients tomorrow?
艾瑪:為明天客戶要的報告嗎?
report(n.)報告client(n.)客戶
Mark: Yes. I got no other choice.
馬克:沒錯。我沒有其他選擇。
choice(n.)選擇
Emma: Well, hang in there.
艾瑪:好吧,堅持下去啊。
hang in there撐下去
Mark: Sometimes I just want to quit this nine-to-five job.
馬克:有時我真的就想辭掉這份朝九晚五的工作。
Emma: Why don’t you then?
艾瑪:為什麼不就辭呢?
Mark: I need the money. I need to pay my rent and bills. Life is hard.
馬克:我需要錢。需要付房租、帳單。人生很難啊。
rent(n.)租金
Emma: I get it. I’ll buy you a cup of coffee to cheer you up then.
艾瑪:我能懂,那我去幫你買杯咖啡幫你打打氣。
cheer sb. up打氣加油
Mark: Thanks! That’s very nice of you.
馬克:謝謝!你真是人太好了。
nice(adj.)好心的