
戒菸大作戰
Johnny and Cindy are a couple. Johnny is going out.
強尼和辛蒂是一對情侶。強尼要出門。
go out外出
Cindy: Where do you think you’re going?
辛蒂:你以為你要去哪裡?
Johnny: To the 7-Eleven.
強尼:小七啊。
Cindy: You’re going to buy cigarettes, right?
辛蒂:你要去買菸,對不對?
cigarette(n.)香菸、cigar(n.)雪茄、cigarette butt菸蒂、lighter打火機
Johnny: Sorry. I just can’t help it.
強尼:對不起,我真的忍不住。
can′t help it忍不住
Cindy: You really need to quit smoking. This is your fourth pack today.
辛蒂:你真的需要戒菸。這已經是你今天的第四包了。
fourth第四、序數、the Fourth of July美國國慶日
Johnny: I know.
強尼:我知道。
Cindy: That’s too much. You should make a plan.
辛蒂:抽太多了。你應該定一個計劃。
make a plan制定計畫
Johnny: You know what? You’re right. You should stop me from going to the convenience store alone from now on.
強尼:你知道嗎?你說得對。從現在開始,你要阻止我自己一個人去便利商店。
stop…from doing sth.阻止做某事alone(adv.)獨自from now on從現在開始
Cindy: Okay! You are off on the right foot.
辛蒂:好,這是個好的開始。
be off on the right foot有好的開始、跨出正確的一步
Johnny: I can do it!
強尼:我一定能做到!