
工作控制生活
Gordon and Erica are friends. They are chatting.
戈登和艾瑞卡是朋友。他們正在聊天。
Gordon: Erica, you look tired. Are you alright?
戈登:艾瑞卡,你看起來好累。還好嗎?
Erica: No. I have worked overtime for two weeks. Even after I get home, I still keep thinking about my work.
艾瑞卡:不好。我已經加班兩個禮拜了。甚至回家時,我還在不停想著工作。
overtime(adv.)加班地
Gordon: Why don’t you just work during your working hours?
戈登:你為什麼不在上班時間工作就好呢?
during(prep.)在…期間working hours上班時間
Erica: I am worried that I can’t meet the deadline.
艾瑞卡:我擔心趕不上截止時間。
worried(adj.)擔心的deadline(n.)截止日期
Gordon: Well, maybe you should try “quiet quitting.”
戈登:嗯,或許你該試試「安靜的辭職」。
Erica: What? I can’t quit my job. I need a salary to pay my rent.
艾瑞卡:什麼?我不能辭職。我需要薪水來付房租。
salary(n.)薪水pay(v.)支付rent(n.)租金
Gordon: No. Quiet quitting doesn’t mean quitting your job or slacking off. It just means that you should change your attitude towards your job.
戈登:不是。安靜的辭職不代表辭掉工作或是偷懶。它的意思是你應該改變對於工作的態度。
slack off偷懶、懈怠attitude(n.)態度towards(prep.)對於
Erica: How do I do that?
艾瑞卡:要怎麼改變呢?
Gordon: You have to change this live-to-work lifestyle. You can keep your job, but don’t let your job control your life.
戈登:你要改變這種為工作而活的生活方式,你可以保有你的工作,但別讓它控制你的生活。
lifestyle(n.)生活方式control(v.)控制
Erica: I see. I found out that it’s hard to have a good work-life balance.
艾瑞卡:我懂了。我發現保持工作和生活的良好平衡很難。
balance(n.)(v.)平衡
Gordon: You need to practice. I don’t want my friends to burn out.
戈登:你需要練習。我可不想看到我朋友心力交瘁。
burn out心力交瘁