
享年78歲
Jackie: Michelle, did you hear the news about Cheng Pei-pei?
杰奇:蜜雪兒,你有聽說有關鄭佩佩的新聞嗎?
Michelle: Yes, I did. She passed away at the age of 78. It’s very sad.
蜜雪兒: 聽說了。她去世了,享年78歲,真是令人難過。
pass away過世
Jackie: I know. She was such a good actress. I loved her in “Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon.”
杰奇:是啊,她真是一位好演員。我很喜歡她在《臥虎藏龍》裡的演出。
such(det.)如此、這麼actress(n.)女演員actor(n.)男演員
Michelle: Me too. I also liked her in “Come Drink With Me.” She was great.
蜜雪兒: 我也是。我也喜歡她在《大醉俠》裡的表現。她真是太棒了。
Jackie: Did you know she was sick for many years? Her agency said she didn’t want people to know.
杰奇:你知道她已經病了很多年嗎?她的經紀公司說她不想讓大家知道。
agency(n.)代理機構advertising agency廣告(代理)公司estate agency房地產仲介公司travel agency旅行社
Michelle: Yes, I read that she had a serious illness. It sounds very hard.
蜜雪兒:是的,我看到她得了一種很嚴重的病。聽起來很難受。
illness(n.)疾病
Jackie: It is. But she kept acting and making us happy.
杰奇: 是啊。但是她一直在演戲,娛樂大家。
act(v.)演戲role(n.)角色leading role主角supporting role配角director(n.)導演scene(n.)場景
Michelle: She was even in the live-action “Mulan” movie. She really was a star.
蜜雪兒:她甚至還出演了真人版的《花木蘭》。她真的是個明星。
live-action(adj.)實景真人的
Jackie: Absolutely. Cheng Pei-pei will always be remembered for her great work.
杰奇: 沒錯。鄭佩佩的偉大作品將永遠被人們銘記。
Michelle: Definitely. She left a big mark on the film world.
蜜雪兒:會的。她在電影界留下了深遠的影響。
definitely(adv.)肯定、必定leave a big mark on sth.為~帶來深遠的影響