
誰全力以赴
Henry and William are having dinner after work. They’re chatting.
亨利和威廉下班後一起吃晚飯。他們在聊天。
Henry: How’s it going with your new project?
亨利:你的新專案進展如何?
project(n.)專案
William: I am having some problems with my teammates.
威廉:我遇到了一點問題,關於組員的事。
problem(n.)問題
Henry: What happened? Did something go wrong?
亨利:發生什麼事?專案出問題了?
go wrong出問題
William: Not quite. I just feel like everyone is not focusing on work. I’m the only one going all out. It really bothers me.
威廉:不完全是。我只是覺得大家都沒有專注在工作上。只有我一個全力以赴。這真的很困擾我。
not quite也不是focus on專心於go all out卯足全力bother(v.)困擾
Henry: Have you shared this with your teammates?
亨利:你有跟其他人說這個問題嗎?
share(v.)分享
William: No, but, needless to say, they should do their job. Right?
威廉:沒有,但是不用我說他們也應該好好工作吧。
needless to say不用說
Henry: Alright. I’ll tell you something. Try to put yourself in their shoes before you jump to a conclusion about them. We all have our difficulties.
亨利:嗯嗯,讓我告訴你一件事。在妄下結論之前,試著站在別人的立場想一想。我們都有自己不為人知的困難處。
jump to a conclusion妄下定論、conclusion(n.)結論difficulty(n.)困難
William: I know…
威廉:我知道。
Henry: You guys are a team. Why don’t you set a meeting to talk about this with the others? It will give you an answer.
亨利:你們是一個團隊。為什麼不開個會與大家討論一下呢?這樣會給你一個解答的。
set(v.)安排、設定answer(n.)答案
William: That’s a good idea. I’ll do that.
威廉:好主意。