
做到最完美
Hank is the captain of the volleyball team. He is talking to his friend, Gabe.
漢克是排球隊的隊長。他正在和朋友蓋博說話。
captain(n.)隊長volleyball排球
Gabe: Hank! You didn’t show up to biology class today!
蓋博:漢克!你今天沒來上生物課!
show up現身biology生物
Hank: I was at practice.
漢克:我在練習。
practice(n.)(v.)練習
Gabe: I hardly see you anymore. You are always at practice.
蓋博:我幾乎看不到你了,一直在練習。
hardly(adv.)幾乎不
Hank: Yeah. The team will play against East High next week.
漢克:沒錯。我們球隊要在下週對上東高校。
play against對上
Gabe: East High? The one that beat us last time?
蓋博:東高校!上次擊敗我們的那間嗎?
beat(v.)擊敗
Hank: Not this time. We won’t give in to them.
漢克:這次不會了。我們不會輸給他們。
give in to sb.投降、敗給
Gabe: That’s why you guys are always practicing?
蓋博:所以你們才一直練習?
Hank: Yes. We have to push ourselves to the limit.
漢克:對,我們得將自己逼到極限,才能做到最完美。
Gabe: Alright. Go for it, man! I’ll give you my notes of the biology class. Don’t you worry.
蓋博:好。上吧,老兄。我再把生物課的筆記給你。你不用擔心。
go for it加油、上啊note(n.)筆記
Hank: Thanks, Gabe. That’s so nice of you.
漢克:謝謝,蓋博。你人真好。
That is so nice of sb.人真好=That is so kind of sb.