
省吃儉用
Gina and Eli are roommates. They are at a supermarket.
吉娜和伊萊是室友。他們在超市。
Gina: Wow. When did tissue paper become so expensive?
吉娜:哇。衛生紙什麼時候變得這麼貴了?
tissue paper衛生紙expensive(adj.)昂貴的
Eli: The price really went up!
伊萊:價格真的漲起來了!
go up=hike up上調
Gina: I heard that the same thing happened to cleaning supplies. Their prices have risen by at least 8%.
吉娜:我聽說清潔用品也上漲。價格至少都上漲了8%。
Eli: It is a global issue now. Everything is more expensive now.
伊萊:這已經是一個全球性的議題。萬物皆漲啊。
global issue全球議題
Gina: Oh, my sister will not be happy about this.
吉娜:哦,我姐姐知道的話一定不會開心的。
Eli: Why?
伊萊:為什麼?
Gina: She just gave birth to a baby. She will lose her mind if she sees the price of diapers.
吉娜:她剛生了寶寶。如果她看到尿布的價格一定會瘋掉。
give birth to生產lose her mind失去理智diaper尿布
Eli: I think it has to do with shipping costs since most of the diapers are imported.
伊萊:這也跟海運成本有關吧,因為台灣大多數尿布都是進口的。
shipping cost海運成本import(v.)進口、export(v.)出口
Gina: I know. She will have to tighten her belt for a while.
吉娜:我知道。她得省吃儉用一段時間囉。
tighten her belt勒緊褲帶、拮据過活
Eli: So will we.
伊萊:我們也是啊。