
省錢又環保
Willie and Karen are friends. They are shopping.
威利和凱倫是朋友。他們正在購物。
Willie: Karen, the clerk told me I need to pay an extra NT$3 to get a paper bag when I checked out my items. The paper bags were free before.
威利:凱倫,我在結帳時,店員說我需要額外付三塊錢才有紙袋。以前紙袋是免費的耶。
extra(adj.)額外的check out結帳checkout(n.)結帳櫃檯self-checkout自助結帳櫃檯item(n.)項目free(adj.)免費的、有空的、自由的
Karen: Oh, really? It seems like they changed their policy.
凱倫:噢,真的嗎?看來他們似乎改變政策了。
policy(n.)政策、方針、策略
Willie: I think it’s a little expensive and inconvenient.
威利:我覺得有點貴又不方便。
expensive(adj.)昂貴的cheap(adj.)便宜的inconvenient(adj.)不方便的convenient(adj.)方便的
Karen: That will help reduce waste, so I think it’s on the right track. Generally, customers tend to use their own bags if they need to pay for the bags the store supplies.
凱倫:那樣會幫助減少浪費,所以我覺得是個正確的做法。通常如果顧客需要付錢才有店家提供的袋子的話,他們會傾向使用自己的袋子。
reduce(v.)減少waste(n.)(v.)浪費on the right track方法得當、做法正確generally(adv.)通常、一般地customer(n.)顧客tend to傾向於supply(v.)提供
Willie: Well, I guess it’s time to prepare my own shopping bags.
威利:嗯,我猜是時候準備我自己的購物袋了。
it’s time to do sth.該是做什麼事的時候了
Karen: I have one. I can lend it to you this time.
凱倫:我有一個。這次可以借你。
lend(v.)借出、借給lend sth. to sb.借某物給某人
Willie: Thanks! Do you always use your own bags?
威利:謝囉!你總是使用自己的袋子嗎?
Karen: Yep. I also use my eating utensils and cup when I eat out or buy coffee.
凱倫:對啊。我吃外食或是買咖啡時,也使用自己的餐具和杯子。
utensil(n.)器具、用具eating utensils餐具kitchen utensils廚房用具eat out吃外食
Willie: Wow. You really are an eco-friendly person.
威利:哇。你真是個環保人士。
ecology(n.)生態eco-friendly(adj.)環保的
Karen: I just do my part.
凱倫:我只是做我該做的而已。
do one’s part盡某人的責任、本分