
你家都還好嗎?
Andrew is talking with Lily on the phone.
安德魯在跟莉莉講電話。
talk(v.)談話
Andrew: Hello, it’s me, Andrew. There was a huge earthquake last night. Is everything alright at your place? How are your cats?
安德魯:哈囉,是我,安德魯。昨天地震超大,你家都還好嗎?貓咪們還好嗎?
huge(adj.)很大的earthquake(n.)地震
Lily: Hey, calm down. I’m okay and the cats are fine, too.
莉莉:嘿,冷靜,我沒事,貓咪也都好。
calm down冷靜
Andrew: It was so scary last night.
安德魯:昨晚太可怕了。
scary(adj.)嚇人的
Lily: I know. Do you have an earthquake kit?
莉莉:我知道,你有地震包嗎?
earthquake(n.)地震kit(n.)成套工具
Andrew: No, but I think I should prepare one.
安德魯:沒有,但我想我該準備一個。
prepare(v.)準備
Lily: Yes, you should. I have two kits, one for me and the other for the cats. I packed some cans of food and some bottled water.
莉莉:是啊,應該準備了。我有兩個,一個是自己的,一個給貓咪。裡面打包了一些罐頭糧食跟瓶裝水。
kit(n.)成套工具pack(v.)打包can(n.)罐頭food(n.)食物bottled(adj.)瓶裝的water(n.)水
Andrew: Okay. And I read an article the other day that said we can put our cats into laundry bags if we need to escape when an earthquake happens.
安德魯:好的,我前幾天讀了一篇文,裡面提到,如果地震時要帶著貓咪逃,可以把牠們裝進洗衣袋。
read(v.)閱讀article(n.)文章laundry bag洗衣袋need(v.)需要escape(v.)逃earthquake(n.)地震happen(v.)發生
Lily: That’s a good idea. You can come over sometime and we can practice together.
莉莉:那真是個好主意,你下次過來我們一起練習。
sometime(adv.)某個時候practice(v.)練習together(adv.)一起
Andrew: No problem. We should also check the escape routes for our buildings.
安德魯:沒問題,我們還要確認逃生路線。
check(v.)查看escape(n.)逃離route(n.)路線building(n.)建築