
拜財神廟
Amy and Brian are coworkers. They are having a conversation.
艾咪和布萊恩是同事。他們正在對話。
Amy: Hey Brian, are you all set for Lunar New Year?
艾咪:嗨,布萊恩,你準備好過農曆新年了嗎?
be set (ready/prepared) for…準備好~
Brian: Almost! My family’s going to the temple to pray for good luck.
布萊恩:差不多了!我們家打算去廟裡祈求好運。
temple(n.)廟、寺廟
Amy: That sounds nice! Are you planning to get fortune money?
艾咪:聽起來很不錯!你打算拿發財金嗎?
Brian: Yep! It’s money blessed by the gods. You borrow it and then return it later.
布萊恩:當然!發財金是神明加持過的錢,先借來用,之後再還回去。
bless(v.)祝福、保佑borrow(v.)借borrow sth. from sb.向他人借~lend sth. to sb.借某物給他人
Amy: Oh, that’s interesting. How does it work?
艾咪:哇,好特別喔,那怎麼借呢?
work(v.)運作
Brian: Well, first, I tell the gods my name, birthday, and my wish. Then I pray and toss coins to see if they say yes.
布萊恩:首先,我會跟神明報上名字、生日和我的願望,然後我會拜拜,再擲筊,看看神明是否同意。
pray(v.)祈禱toss coins丟硬幣
Amy: And if they do?
艾咪:那如果神明同意呢?
Brian: Then I’ll get the fortune money and walk around the incense burner three times.
布萊恩:那我就拿發財金,繞香爐三圈。
walk around繞著某個地方走incense(n.)線香burn incense燒香incense burner香爐
Amy: That’s so cool! Can I come with you?
艾咪:太酷了!我可以跟你一起去嗎?
Brian: Of course! Just don’t forget to bring some sweet offerings. The gods love those.
布萊恩:當然可以!不過記得帶一些甜食作供品,神明很喜歡喔。
offering(n.)供品
Amy: Got it. I’ll bring peanut candy.
艾咪:沒問題,我會帶花生糖!
Brian: Perfect! Here’s to wealth and happiness for both of us!
布萊恩:太好了!祝我們一起財源滾滾、幸福滿滿!
Here’s to…祝賀~wealth(n.)財富