
可愛又危險
Emmanuel and Lily are friends walking in a park in Kaohsiung after heavy rain.
艾曼紐和莉莉是朋友,他們在高雄大雨後散步。
heavy rain warning大雨特報
Emmanuel: Hey, did you see the news about mushrooms growing on the pedestrian islands in Kaohsiung?
艾曼紐:嘿,你有看到高雄路中央分隔島上長出蘑菇的新聞嗎?
pedestrian(n.)行人pedestrian crossing斑馬線=crosswalkpedestrian bridge行人天橋
Lily: Yes! People say they look cute, but I don’t know if they are safe to eat.
莉莉:有啊!有人說那些蘑菇看起來很可愛,但我不知道能不能吃。
Emmanuel: Actually, those mushrooms are poisonous! They are called “false parasols.” They can make people sick.
艾曼紐:其實那些蘑菇有毒!叫做「綠褶菇」,會讓人生病。
be V-p.p.被動語態parasol(n.)環柄菇、洋傘
Lily: Oh gosh! I like mushrooms, but I don’t want to get sick. What should we do?
莉莉:天啊!我喜歡吃蘑菇,但我不想生病。那我們該怎麼辦?
sick(adj.)生病的、想吐的、噁心的be sick of…厭倦~
Emmanuel: The city says don’t pick or eat mushrooms from the road. If you see any, call 1999 to report.
艾曼紐:市政府說不要摘或吃路上的蘑菇。如果看到,打1999通報。
pick(v.)採摘pick out挑選/pick up接送(人或物)、撿起、學會report(v.)通報、報導
Lily: That’s good to know! I will tell my family and friends.
莉莉:這消息真有幫助!我會告訴家人和朋友。
Emmanuel: Also, these mushrooms grow a lot after the rain. So watch out during the rainy season.
艾曼紐:而且這些蘑菇常在雨後大量生長,所以雨季要小心。
a lot很多(表達次數、頻率、程度)watch out小心、注意
Lily: I will be careful when I go outside after the rain. Maybe take pictures, but don’t touch them.
莉莉:雨後我出門會小心。可以拍照,但不要碰到。
touch(v.)碰觸
Emmanuel: Exactly! And if someone eats these mushrooms, they should go to the hospital right away.
艾曼紐:沒錯!如果有人吃了這些蘑菇,應該馬上去醫院。
hospital visit探病/hospital stay住院期間right away立刻、馬上=immediately/at once/straight away
Lily: Thanks, Emmanuel! Now I know more about poisonous mushrooms. I feel safer.
莉莉:謝謝你,艾曼紐!現在我對毒蘑菇了解多了,感覺比較安心了。
feel at ease感到安心