
全身濕透
Paul and Linda were about to head back to their office when it started to rain.
保羅和琳達正準備要回辦公室時開始下起雨來。
head back=回去
Linda: It’s pouring rain again. It has been like this for three days.
琳達:又一場傾盆大雨。已經連續三天都是這樣了。
have,has p.p.=現在完成式
Paul: I checked the weather forecast this morning. It said the plum rain season has started.
保羅:我今天早上看了天氣預報,預報說梅雨季節開始了。
check(v.)查找;檢查
Linda: Yeah, the chance of rain tomorrow is also high.
琳達:是啊,明天的降雨機率也很高。
high(adj.)高的
Paul: But thanks to the rain, it will be much cooler.
保羅:但幸虧下雨,天氣會涼爽些。
thank to sth;sb=感謝某人或某事cool(adj.)涼爽的
Linda: That’s true. It was almost 36 degrees a few days ago.
琳達:這倒是真的。幾天前氣溫逼近三十六度。
a few days ago=幾天前
Paul: Right. I couldn’t believe how hot it was.
保羅:是啊。我無法相信怎麼會那麼熱。
believe(v.)相信
Linda: I guess summer is around the corner.
琳達:我猜夏天就快到了吧。
guess(v.) 猜測
Paul: But what should we do now? Do you have an umbrella?
保羅:那我們現在怎麼辦呢?你有帶傘嗎?
umbrella(n.)雨傘
Linda: No, I don’t. Shall we walk in the rain anyway?
琳達:沒有。我們該冒雨回去嗎?
anyway(adv.)仍然;不管如何
Paul: We will be drenched.
保羅:我們會全身濕透的。
drench(v.)浸濕
Linda: Then let’s wait a bit. The rain usually comes and goes.
琳達:那我們等一下吧。這雨通常來去匆匆的。
a bit=稍微
Paul: Okay. We got some time to spare.
保羅:好。我們有一點時間能等一等。
spare(v.)剩下;多餘