
一起倒數
Wendy and Gary are friends. They are planning what to do on New Year’s Eve.
溫蒂和蓋瑞是朋友。他們正在計劃跨年夜要做什麼。
celebrate the new year跨年=ring in the new yearring in迎接
Wendy: New Year’s Eve is coming up. Any plans?
溫蒂:跨年夜快到了,有什麼計畫嗎?
be coming up即將發生
Gary: Let’s go watch fireworks in Taipei 101.
蓋瑞:我們去台北101看煙火怎麼樣?
fireworks(n.)煙火set off fireworks放煙火=let off fireworks
Wendy: Great idea! What time should we meet?
溫蒂:好主意!我們幾點碰面比較好?
meet(v.)見面、碰面meet,met,met
Gary: How about 6 p.m. at Xinyi Anhe MRT station? We can grab dinner first.
蓋瑞:晚上六點在信義安和捷運站見面怎麼樣?我們可以先快速吃個晚餐。
How about…?如何~?grab(v.)快速地吃、隨便吃
Wendy: Perfect! Do you want to go to Lisa’s place with me after the countdown?
溫蒂:太完美了!倒數計時後你想要跟我一起去麗莎家嗎?
countdown(n.)倒數go to the countdown參加倒數活動
Gary: Sure! I’ll join you guys. It’ll be fun.
蓋瑞:當然!我會加入你們。應該很好玩。
join(v.)加入
Wendy: Awesome! I can’t wait. See you on New Year’s Eve!
溫蒂:太棒了!我等不及了。跨年夜見!
can’t wait 等不及get one’s hands on sth. 取得、獲得can’t wait to V.等不及去做~=can’t wait for N.
Gary: See you! It’s going to be a great night!
蓋瑞:到時候見啦!那一定會是個美好的夜晚!
be going to 將會、打算