
探索城市
Vincent and Grace are classmates. They are talking.
文森和葛瑞絲是同學。他們正在說話。
Vincent: Grace, the teacher asked each group to come up with a plan for the field trip. Do you have any ideas?
文森:葛瑞絲,老師要我們每一組想出一個戶外教學計畫。你有什麼想法嗎?
come up with sth.想出、提出(主意或計畫)
Grace: What about going to an amusement park?
葛瑞絲:去遊樂園怎麼樣?
amusement park遊樂園
Vincent: That’s where we went last semester. Don’t you remember?
文森:我們上學期就是去那裡。你不記得了嗎?
semester(n.)學期
Grace: Oh, right. What about a museum?
葛瑞絲:噢,對。那博物館呢?
museum(n.)博物館
Vincent: Well, most of our classmates have no interest in museums.
文森:嗯,我們大部分的同學對博物館沒有興趣。
interest(n.)興趣interesting(adj.)有趣的interested(adj.)感興趣的
Grace: That’s true. They might vote our plan down.
葛瑞絲:那倒是。他們可能會投票否決我們的計畫。
vote for sb.投票給某人vote sth. down投票否決某事vote sth. up投票贊成某事
Vincent: We have to think about something that can draw their attention.
文森:我們必須想點什麼可以吸引他們注意力的點子。
attention(n.)注意pay attention to sth.集中注意力在某事上draw one’s attention吸引某人注意catch or get one’s attention吸引某人注意
Grace: Maybe we can explore the city ourselves. The MRT is very convenient.
葛瑞絲:或許我們可以自己探索城市。捷運很方便。
explore(v.)探索
Vincent: Not a bad idea. But we also have to think about safety.
文森:不錯的主意。但我們也必須考慮安全問題。
safe(adj.)安全的safety(n.)安全
Grace: We can tell them about our plan first to see if they like it.
葛瑞絲:我們可以先和他們說明這個計畫,看看他們喜不喜歡。