
貿易展目錄
James and Sammy are at work. They are ordering some catalogs for a trade show.
詹姆斯跟珊米在工作。他們要訂一些目錄在貿易展時使用。
work(n.)工作order(v.)訂購catalog(n.)目錄trade(n.)貿易show(n.)展覽
James: Hey Sammy, do you buy a lot of magazines?
詹姆斯:珊米,你買很多雜誌嗎?
buy(v.)購買a lot of=many許多magazine(n.)雜誌
Sammy: I buy some from time to time. Why?
珊米:我有時候會買幾本,怎麼了?
buy(v.)購買from time to time=sometimes有時候
James: We need to order some new catalogs. It’s for the trade show next week. Can you help me?
詹姆斯:我們要訂一些新的目錄,下週貿易展要用,你可以幫我嗎?
need(v.)需要order(v.)訂購new(adj.)新的catalog(n.)目錄trade(n.)貿易show(n.)展覽next(adj.)下一個的week(n.)週help(v.)幫助
Sammy: Of course. How many catalogs do we need to buy?
珊米:當然,我們要買多少目錄?
of course當然catalog(n.)目錄need(v.)需要buy(v.)購買
James: We need 300.
詹姆斯:我們要300本。
need(v.)需要
Sammy: Why don’t we buy them from EMC Publishing? They are fast and do good work.
珊米:直接跟EMC出版社買怎麼樣?他們工作效率又快又好。
buy(v.)購買fast(adj.)快速的good(adj.)好的work(n.)工作
James: Yes, but they are quite expensive. What about QuikPrint? Last time, they gave us a good price because we made a big order.
詹姆斯:是啦,但他們滿貴的。速印呢?上次因為我們訂單多,他們給我們不錯的價格。
quite(adv.)相當expensive(adj.)昂貴的give(v.)給good(adj.)好的price(n.)價格order(n.)訂單
Sammy: Ok, I’ll give them a call.
珊米:好的,我打給他們。
give sb a call打電話給某人
James: Great! Thank you!
詹姆斯:太好了,謝謝你。