
處理後續業務
Ben and Patrick are colleagues. They are in the middle of work.
本和派翠克是同事。他們在上班。
in the middle of sth.在…中
Ben: Patrick! I got word from the boss.
本:派翠克!老闆要我告訴你一個消息。
word(n.)消息、不可數boss(n.)上司、老闆
Patrick: That can’t be good.
派翠克:肯定沒好事。
Ben: You know Phil from the other team, right?
本:你認識另一組的菲爾,對吧?
Patrick: Yeah. He took a sick leave yesterday and the day before.
派翠克:對。他昨天和前天都請病假。
sick leave病假the day before前天
Ben: Well, he is still sick. The boss needs you to pick up the slack.
本:嗯,他還在生病,所以老闆要你來處理他業務的後續部分。
sick(adj.)生病的
Patrick: What? I don’t know any of his clients.
派翠克:什麼?我又不認識他的客戶。
Ben: Well, the boss still needs you to follow through on all of his cases.
本:嗯,老闆還是需要繼續完成那些案件。
follow through on sth.接續完成case(n.)案件
Patrick: What about my cases?
派翠克:那我的案子呢?
Ben: Hey! Don’t shoot the messenger.
本:嘿!我只是傳話而已。
shoot-shot(v.)射擊messenger(n.)信差、傳話的人
Patrick: I can’t believe it!
派翠克:這也太扯了吧!