
五百元展現品味
Ruth’s workplace will have a gift exchange. She and Ronny are at the mall looking for a gift.
露絲上班的地方要辦交換禮物。他跟羅尼正在購物中心要買禮物。
workplace(n.)工作場所mall(n.)購物中心look for尋找
Ronny: When is this gift exchange at your office?
羅尼:妳辦公室的交換禮物活動是什麼時候?
Ruth: Right before Christmas Eve.
露絲:就在聖誕節前夕。
right(adv.)正、就Christmas Eve聖誕夜、New Year′s Eve
Ronny: What? In that case, you have plenty of time to choose.
羅尼:什麼?那樣的話,妳還有很多時間可以挑要送什麼啊。
in that case那樣的話plenty of很多=a lot ofchoose-chose-chosen(v.)選擇
Ruth: I know, but I can get shilly-shally when making up my mind.
露絲:我知道。但你也知道我很容易猶豫不決,下不了決定。
shilly-shally(adj., v.)猶豫不決make up one′s mind下決定、下決心
Ronny: That’s true!
羅尼:這倒是。
Ruth: That’s why you’re here. You have to help me.
露絲:所以你才在這要幫我挑啊。
Ronny: What’s the budget?
羅尼:預算多少?
budget(n.)預算
Ruth: Around NT$500.
露絲:大概五百元。
around=about大約
Ronny: Hmm, I think wine is a pretty good choice. You can show that you have good taste.
羅尼:嗯嗯,送酒還不錯。可以展現你的品味。
choice(n.)選擇taste(n.)品味、in taste風雅、得體、有品味
Ruth: Huh, let’s head to the liquor store then.
露絲:這樣的話,那我們就去洋酒店吧。
liquor store賣酒的店=off-license