
早自習打嗑睡
Mark is signing a petition online. His dad is talking to him.
馬克正在網上連署。他的父親在跟他說話。
sign(v.)簽名、簽署
Dad: What’s this, son?
爸爸:這是什麼,兒子?
Mark: It’s a petition calling for cutting the school hours of junior high schools and senior high schools short.
馬克:這是一份要求縮短國高中上學時間的連署書。
call for呼籲、要求
Dad: Oh? Why?
爸爸:哦?原因是什麼?
Mark: People want school to start a bit later than usual, so they can have enough sleep.
馬克:大家希望學校比平常晚一點開始,這樣才能有足夠的睡眠。
than usual比平常還要
Dad: Do your classmates usually doze off during the self-study session in the morning?
爸爸:你的同學早自習通常都在打嗑睡嗎?
doze off打嗑睡self-study session自習時間、session(n.)時段
Mark: Yeah, like half of my classmates sleep then, so I think the petition has a point.
馬克:對啊,幾乎一半人都在睡覺,所以我認為這個連署有道理。
have a point有道理=make sense
Dad: But you know that even in college, there will be classes that start early in the morning, right?
爸爸:但是你知道,即使在大學也會有很早的課,對吧?
Mark: I know, but I still think we have a right to decide when to start the classes now.
馬克:我知道,但我還是認為我們現在有權利決定上學時間啊。
right(n.)權利decide(v.)決定
Dad: Alright. If you really support this, then I support you on this as well.
爸爸:好,如果你真的支持的話,那我也支持你。
support(v.)支持