
支付安全有保障
Chelsea is a first-time taxpayer. She is asking Jonathan about how to pay her taxes.
切爾西第一次繳稅,她問喬納森如何繳稅。
Chelsea: Is there any way that I can make tax payments without waiting in line at a bank?
切爾西:不去銀行排隊的話,有沒有其他辦法可以繳稅?
payment(n.)付款、款項
Jonathan: You can opt to make the payment online through Direct Pay.
喬納森:妳可以選擇以「直接繳稅」的方式線上繳付。
opt to 選擇做某事online(adj.)(adv.)線上(的)
Chelsea: What is that?
切爾西:那是什麼?
Jonathan: It’s a service that allows you to pay your taxes online directly from your bank account to the Internal Revenue Service.
喬納森:這是讓妳能直接從銀行帳戶匯款給國稅局的線上繳稅服務。
allow sb. to do sth. 讓某人得以做某事indirectly(adv.)間接地
Chelsea: That sounds convenient. I wonder how much the bank charges for the service.
切爾西:聽起來很方便。我想知道銀行針對這項服務的收費。
convenient(adj.)便利的charge(v.)收費be charged with 被控~
Jonathan: It’s free of charge. You can perform the transaction with a checking or savings account at no cost.
喬納森:這項服務無需付費。妳可以透過支票或存款帳戶免費進行交易。
transaction(n.)交易perform an operation 動手術perform a task 執行任務at no cost 無需付費的、無成本的at one’s expense 由某人付費
Chelsea: Wonderful.
切爾西:那太好了。
Jonathan: Paying electronically is safe and secure. Also, it’s much faster than mailing in a check or money order.
喬納森:線上支付安全有保障,而且比寄支票或匯款單快上許多。
electronically(adv.)以電子的方式secure(adj.)有保障的、可靠的
Chelsea: Can I get my tax refund with the service?
切爾西:可以透過這項服務退稅嗎?
refund(n.)退款replacement(n.)換貨return(n.)退貨
Jonathan: Nope. It’s not a way to get a direct deposit of your tax refund.
喬納森:不行,這不是直接退稅入帳的方法。
deposit(n.)(v.)存款fixed deposit 定存