看新聞學英文 · 中英對照朗讀 · 真人老師逐句講解

Paying in Installments

眼不見為淨的帳單

播放內容:
Paying in Installments
刷卡分期付款
Mark and Lily are roommates. They are both in the living room.
馬克和莉莉是室友。他們倆都在客廳。
Mark: Are you online shopping again?
馬克:你又在網購了嗎?
Lily: Yes. I told you I need a new smartphone.
莉莉:嗯啊。我告訴過你我需要一支新智慧型手機。
Mark: How can you afford a new smartphone? You just spent a lot of money on clothes last week.
馬克:你怎麼買得起新的智慧型手機?你上周不是花了很多錢買衣服。
afford(v.)負擔起
Lily: You dummy! I always pay in installments with my credit card.
莉莉:你傻啊!我都用信用卡分期付款。
dummy傻瓜
Mark: What does that mean?
馬克:什麼意思?
Lily: It means I don’t have to make a one-time payment. I can pay for the goods with monthly payment.
莉莉:就是我不必一次就把錢付完。我可以按月支付部分款項。
make a one-time payment or pay in lump-sum一次性付款monthly(adj.)每月的
Mark: You will just end up paying a lot each month.
馬克:最後只會每個月都要付很多錢吧。
end up Ving結果如何
Lily: Well, true. But I won’t feel a thing until the credit card bill arrives. You know what they say: “Out of sight, out of mind.”
莉莉:嗯,是啦。但在信用卡帳單來之前我都不會有感覺。就是大家說眼不見為淨的意思囉。
arrive(v.)到達Out of sight, out of mind.眼不見為淨
Mark: Whatever you say. But just so you know, I’m not lending money to you this time. You have to pay the debt on your own.
馬克:隨便你。但請知道這次我不會再借錢給你了,你必須自己還錢喔。
just so you know讓你知道、提醒你lend money to sb.借錢給某人debt(n.)債務、be deep in debt債台高築、pay off the debt還清債務
Lily: Come on! Mark!
莉莉:不是吧!馬克!

📚 重點單字片語

pay in installments
分期付款
afford(v.)
負擔起
dummy
傻瓜
make a one-time payment or pay in lump-sum
一次性付款
monthly(adj.)
每月的
end up Ving
結果如何
arrive(v.)
到達
Out of sight, out of mind.
眼不見為淨
just so you know
讓你知道、提醒你
lend money to sb.
借錢給某人
debt(n.)
債務、be deep in debt債台高築、pay off the debt還清債務
🎧

想聽更多嗎?

快來加入 FUNDAY 吧!

立即加入
免費體驗已結束 · 加入 FUNDAY 解鎖完整學習