
不用一直跑銀行
Jason and Diane are roommates. Jason is heading out.
傑森和黛安是室友。傑森要出門了。
Jason: I’m off to the bank now. Don’t forget to transfer the rent money for last month to me.
傑森:我要去銀行了。別忘了把上個月的房租轉給我。
rent money房租
Diane: I thought you’ve already given the money to the landlord. Why are you making an extra trip to the bank?
黛安:我以為你已經把錢給房東了。為什麼要多跑一趟銀行?
Jason: I have to go take care of the monthly payment of my student loan.
傑森:我得要去繳學生貸款的每月款項。
take care of處理monthly payment每月款項
Diane: You can use automatic withdrawals. It is used to pay loans and other monthly expenses. It’s very convenient.
黛安:你可以申請自動扣款,可以用在支付任何貸款或像是其他月度費用。很方便。
automatic withdrawal定額自動扣款expense(n.)支出
Jason: How does it work? Tell me more.
傑森:是怎麼扣款啊?快告訴我。
Diane: To put it more simply, your bank can withdraw money electronically from your account on a regular basis if you provide them with your account information in advance.
黛安:簡單地說,你可以提前提供個人帳戶的資訊,銀行就能定期從您帳戶中扣除款項。
To put it simply簡單地說withdraw(v.)提款electronically(adv.)電子地on a regular basis規律地、定期in advance預先
Jason: Then it will save me many trips to the bank.
傑森:這樣就可以不用一直跑銀行。
save(v.)省下
Diane: Yes. I pay my phone bill by direct debit.
黛安:對。我都是用這種方式付電話費。
direct debit不定額自動扣款
Jason: I should ask the bank for more information later.
傑森:我等等再向銀行問更多詳細資訊好了。