
鼓勵深造或兼職
Kent and Tina are colleagues. They are having lunch together.
肯特和蒂娜是同事。他們正在一起吃午飯。
Kent: Is it Thursday today? I really lost track of time.
肯特:今天是星期四嗎?我真的忘記時間。
lose track of sth.沒有意識到、失去聯繫
Tina: No, it’s Wednesday. Two more days to go.
蒂娜:不,是星期三。還有兩天要撐。
Kent: We’ve been so busy this week. Why can’t we have a four-day workweek like western countries?
肯特:這週真的太忙了。為什麼我們不能像西方國家那樣每週工作四天就好?
Tina: Did you know that some Japanese companies, like Panasonic, actually started offering workers a four-day workweek?
蒂娜:你知道很多日本公司都開始讓員工選擇可以每週上班四天嗎?比如說松下集團就是。
start(v.)開始
Kent: I can’t believe it! These companies have finally taken their employees’ well-being seriously.
肯特:我真不敢相信!這些公司終於認真對待基層的福祉了。
take sth. seriously認真看待well-being福祉、福利
Tina: Panasonic has also encouraged more workers to work from home, so the workers can have more free time to pursue further studies or have a side job.
蒂娜:松下還鼓勵更多人在家工作,這樣就有更多時間繼續深造或兼職。
encourage sb. to do sth.鼓勵某人做某事情pursue(v.)追求further(adj.)更進一步的a side job兼職
Kent: I guess with the pandemic still going on, they just have to be flexible enough for challenges.
肯特:我想隨著疫情延燒,公司體制需要夠靈活來應對未來的挑戰。
flexible(adj.)有彈性的challenge(n.)挑戰
Tina: You can say that again. Well, the question is...
蒂娜:同意。嗯,不過真正的問題是⋯⋯
Kent: When can our company start doing the same?
肯特:我們公司什麼時候也可以這樣?
Tina: Haha. That would be like building castles in the air.
蒂娜:哈哈。都是空談啦。
be like building castles in the air空談妄想=have your head in the clouds