
手機充電器
Johnny is asking his wife, Maggie, to help him pack for his trip to London next week.
強尼正請他的妻子瑪姬幫他為下週的倫敦之旅打包行李。
help(v.)(n.)幫助
Johnny: Honey, I’m getting ready for my trip to London. Can you check if I have everything?
強尼:親愛的,我正在為倫敦之行做準備。你能幫我檢查一下東西有沒有帶齊嗎?
get ready for 為~做準備=get ready to VRif(conj.)是否
Maggie: Of course, let me take a look. Did you remember your passport and a copy of your flight tickets?
瑪姬:當然,讓我看看。你有記得帶護照和機票副本嗎?
take a look (at sth.) 看看copy(n.)影本;副本(v.)複製;影印
Johnny: Yep, they’re in my bag. What do you think about the clothes I packed?
強尼:有,它們在我的包包裡。你覺得我準備的衣服怎麼樣?
What do you think about...? 你覺得~如何?
Maggie: Looks good, but don’t forget to take a jacket. London can get pretty chilly.
瑪姬:看起來不錯,但別忘了帶件夾克。倫敦可能會滿涼的。
forget to VR忘了做某事forget V-ing忘了有做某事jacket(n.)夾克、外套chilly(adj.)涼颼颼的
Johnny: Right, I’m adding the jacket now. What about bathroom stuff? Did I miss anything?
強尼:好的,我現在加上外套。洗漱用品怎麼樣?我有漏掉什麼嗎?
add(v.)添加What about=How aboutstuff(n.)物品、雜物
Maggie: You have your toothbrush and toothpaste, but don’t forget shampoo and body wash. Oh, and take your medicine too.
瑪姬:你有帶牙刷和牙膏,但別忘了洗髮精和沐浴露。喔,還有也要帶你的藥。
toothbrush(n.)牙刷
Johnny: Phew, almost forgot that. Thanks for reminding me. Should I bring an umbrella, just in case?
強尼:啊,差點忘記了。謝謝你提醒我。我應該帶傘嗎,以防萬一?
just in case以防萬一
Maggie: Sure. It might rain in London. Oh, and don’t forget your phone charger!
瑪姬:當然。倫敦可能會下雨。喔,別忘了帶手機充電器!
might(model verb)(may 的過去式)可能;可以charger(n.)充電器
Johnny: They’re already in my bag. I think that’s everything. Is there anything else I’m missing?
強尼:它們都在我的包包裡了。我想差不多就是這樣了。我還有漏掉其他東西嗎?
else(adv.)其他
Maggie: Just remember to have your wallet and some cash. You’re all set, Johnny! Have a great trip!
瑪姬:記得帶你的錢包和一些現金。你都準備好了,強尼!祝你旅途愉快!
remember to VR記得做某事set(adj.)準備好的=ready
Johnny: Thank you, Maggie. I’ll miss you while I’m gone.
強尼:謝謝你,瑪姬。我不在時會很想念你的。
gone(adj.)不在的=away