
影響未來申貸
Chris and Sydney are siblings. Sydney wants to borrow money from Chris.
克里斯和席德妮是兄妹。席德妮要向克里斯借錢。
sibling(n.)兄弟姐妹之一
Sydney: Could you lend me some money?
席德妮:你可以借點錢給我嗎?
lend(v.)借出、借給~
Chris: I thought you still had some money left in your checking account.
克里斯:我以為妳的支票帳戶裡還有錢。
salary account 薪轉帳戶savings account 存款帳戶fixed deposit account 定存帳戶
Sydney: I do, but I don’t have enough for my transaction.
席德妮:是還有剩,但金額不足以進行交易。
transaction(n.)交易perform a transaction 進行交易transaction fee 交易手續費
Chris: How much do you need?
克里斯:妳需要多少?
Sydney: Only a little, like $20. My next pay is coming in five days, so I can pay you back quickly.
席德妮:一點就好,大概20元。我下一筆薪水五天後進帳,我可以很快就把錢還給你。
pay(n.)薪資、薪水pay cut 減薪pay raise 加薪payday 發薪日
Chris: If it’s so little, you can maybe overdraw.
克里斯:如果要借的金額那麼低的話,妳不妨透支借款。
Sydney: What is this?
席德妮:那是什麼?
Chris: It means you withdraw from your account more money than it actually holds. Some banks will allow this, but you have to talk about this with your bank.
克里斯:意思是提領比實際存款高的金額。有些銀行能讓妳這麼做,但妳得向銀行詢問這件事。
Sydney: What happens if I overdraw?
席德妮:透支借款會怎麼樣?
Chris: In case of an overdraft, you have to pay some interest on top of the money owed to the bank.
克里斯:就透支的情況來看,妳得支付欠款以外的利息。
in case of sth. 以防、以免某事發生interest(n.)利息on top of 除了~之外
Sydney: That seems reasonable.
席德妮:這似乎很合理。
reasonable(adj.)合理的
Chris: There is a threshold, of course. You cannot withdraw money if the balance is already negative. And over a certain amount, your bank will start charging additional fees.
克里斯:當然這有個門檻。要是帳戶餘額低於零元則無法提款。超過特定金額的話,銀行就會開始額外收費。
threshold(n.)門檻balance(n.)餘額、結存negative(adj.)負值的additional(adj.)額外的
Sydney: I really need the money now. I will be able to pay back these fees once I get paid.
席德妮:我現在急需這筆錢。我一領到薪水就會還清這些費用的。
Chris: Be careful with this though, this will be kept on your record. You may not be able to secure a loan as easily in the future.
克里斯:那妳得多加留意了,因為透支會留下紀錄,未來要申貸可能就沒那麼容易了。
be careful with sth. 留意~、小心~secure(v.)獲得、得到