
超過一百間學校確診
Mark called Jessica to discuss a group project. Just when they finished their slides, they got a message on their phones.
馬克打給潔西卡討論團體作業。就在他們完成投影片時,他們的手機收到了一則訊息。
discuss(v.)討論
Mark: Hey Jessica! Did you see the message in our group chat?
馬克:嘿,潔西卡!你看到我們群組裡的訊息了嗎?
group(n.)團體、群組
Jessica: Yeah, I did. I can’t believe the class got canceled.
潔西卡:看到了,我不敢相信課程居然被取消了。
cancel(v.)取消
Mark: Right? We just spent two hours making the slides!
馬克:對吧?我們才剛花了兩小時完成了投影片。
spend time doing sth.花費時間做某事
Jessica: Why can’t we go to school? Only two students tested positive for COVID. It’s not that many anyway.
潔西卡:為什麼我們不能去學校呢?只有兩個學生確診新冠肺炎,數量也不是很多。
test(v.)檢測positive(adj.)陽性的negative(adj.)陰性的
Mark: The government said that the school has to be closed even though there are only two cases.
馬克:政府說學校即便只有兩個新冠肺炎的確診病例也必須全校停課。
even though儘管case(n.)案例
Jessica: Really? I didn’t know that.
潔西卡: 真的嗎?我不知道這件事。
know(v.)知道
Mark: Yeah. For the benefit of everyone, it’s better to have online classes at home instead.
馬克:是啊,為了大家的利益,改成在家上線上課程更好一點。
benefit(n.)好處instead表示替代
Jessica: I hope we still get to go on the field trip next week.
潔西卡:我希望我們還能去下週的校外教學。
field trip(n.)校外教學
Mark: I doubt that. More than a hundred schools are closed because of cases among their teachers and students, so I wouldn’t have high hopes for it.
馬克:我想很難。已經有超過一百所學校因為師生確診而停課了,因此我不會抱太大的期待。
doubt(v.)懷疑