
惡運還沒結束
Nicole went on a road trip with her friends last weekend. Troy is asking her about the trip.
妮可上周末跟朋友去公路旅行。特洛伊正在問她旅行的事。
road trip公路旅行
Troy: Hey, how was your road trip with the girls?
特洛伊:嘿,上禮拜跟姊妹出去還好玩嗎?
Nicole: You don’t want to know.
妮可: 別提了。
Troy: Come on. Wasn’t it fun?
特洛伊:怎麼了?不好玩嗎?
Nicole: Not at all. The car we rented broke down on the road.
妮可:一點也不。我們租的車半路就拋錨了。
not at all一點也不rent(v.)租on the road在路上
Troy: Oh no! I’m sorry to hear that.
特洛伊:天啊!這太糟糕了。
Nicole: That wasn’t the end of our bad luck.
妮可:惡運還沒結束呢!
end(n.)終點、結束bad luck壞運氣
Troy: What happened then?
特洛伊:然後怎麼了?
Nicole: We couldn’t get any help because all of our phones were dead.
妮可:我們手機都沒電了所以無法求救。
because(conj.)因為dead(adj.)死掉的、沒電的
Troy: How did you guys get back in the end?
特洛伊:那妳們最後怎麼回來的?
get back=come back回來in the end最後
Nicole: We found a payphone and called the police. By then, our holiday mood was gone, so we headed back early.
妮可:我們找到公共電話然後打給警察求救,但放假的心情全沒了,就提早回家。
payphone公共電話by then到了那時mood(n.)心情early(adv.)提早地