
廚房小意外
David and Ruth are roommates. They are having a conversation.
大衛和露絲是室友。他們正在對話。
Ruth: Hey David, what are you doing?
露絲:嘿,大衛,你在做什麼?
David: I’m cooking dinner, but I hurt my thumb!
大衛:我在煮晚餐,可是我的大拇指受傷了!
be動詞+V-ing:進行式
Ruth: Oh no! How did that happen?
露絲:哎呀!怎麼回事?
David: I was cutting vegetables, and the knife moved. It cut my thumb a little.
大衛:我在切菜,刀子動了一下,割到我的拇指一點點。
move(v.)移動a little一點點、稍微
Ruth: Ouch! Do you want me to get a bandage?
露絲:痛喔!要我幫你拿OK繃嗎?
bandage(n.)OK繃
David: Yes, please! It hurts a bit, but I can keep cooking.
大衛:好啊,謝謝你!有點痛,但我還能繼續煮。
a bit輕微地keep V-ing繼續做某事
Ruth: That’s good! Cooking is fun, but being safe comes first.
露絲:那就好!煮飯很好玩,但安全最重要。
safe(adj.)安全的come first最重要、優先考慮
David: But you know what? I couldn’t do it without you.
大衛:不過你知道嗎?沒有你我做不到。
without(prep.)沒有
Ruth: Next time, I will help you cook to keep you safe!
露絲:下次我來幫你煮飯,讓你更安全!
help sb. VR幫助某人做~
David: Great! Cooking together will be more fun.
大衛:太好了!一起煮飯會更有趣。