
像在地人一樣點餐
Carl is at a coffee shop in New York.
卡爾在紐約一家咖啡店。
Barista: Hey! How’s it going? What can I get you?
咖啡師:嘿!今天過得如何?要來點什麼呢?
What can I get you?要來點什麼呢?
Carl: Hi. One hot latte, please.
卡爾:嗨,請給我一杯熱拿鐵。
latte(n.)拿鐵
Barista: Cool. Medium or large?
咖啡師:好,中杯還是大杯?
medium(adj.)中等的、中杯的medium rare(牛排)五分熟
Carl: Medium. Can I have oat milk?
卡爾:中杯。可以換燕麥奶嗎?
oat(n.)燕麥
Barista: Sure. Oat milk is one dollar extra.
咖啡師:沒問題。燕麥奶要加一塊錢。
pay(v.)付款extra(adj.)額外的
Carl: No problem. I have my own cup.
卡爾:沒問題。我有自備杯子。
one’s own自己的on one’s own獨自、靠自己
Barista: Nice! You get a cup discount.
咖啡師:讚喔!你有自備杯折扣。
discount(n.)折扣early-bird discount早鳥優惠
Carl: Thanks. Do you have a straw?
卡爾:謝謝。請問有吸管嗎?
straw(n.)吸管
Barista: Sorry, we don’t have straws.
咖啡師:抱歉,我們不提供吸管。
Carl: Oh, okay. All good.
卡爾:喔,好。沒關係。
all good沒關係
Barista: That’s $6.50. You can pay here.
咖啡師:一共是六美元五十美分。你可以在這邊付錢。