
寧可信其有的迷信
Wendy and Benson are roommates. She just bought a new umbrella and wants to show it to him.
溫蒂和班森是室友。她剛買了一把新雨傘,想要給他看。
mate(n.)同伴classmate(n.)同學teammate(n.)隊友want(v.)想要
Wendy: Hey Benson, look what I got!
溫蒂:嘿班森,看我買了什麼!
Benson: What is it, Wendy?
班森:這是什麼啊,溫蒂?
Wendy: It’s my new umbrella! Isn’t it pretty?
溫蒂:這是我的新雨傘!是不是很漂亮?
Benson: Yeah, it looks nice, but wait! Don’t open it here.
班森:是啊,看起來不錯,但等等!不要在這裡打開。
wait(v.)等待wait for sb.等待某人can’t wait for N.等不及~can’t wait to V.等不及做~wait list等候名單
Wendy: Why not? I just wanted to show it to you.
溫蒂:為什麼?我只是想給你看看。
Benson: Opening an umbrella inside is bad luck.
班森:在室內打開雨傘是會招來厄運的。
luck(n.)運氣for good luck帶來好運
Wendy: Really? I had no idea.
溫蒂:真的嗎?我不知道。
have no idea 不知道、不清楚
Benson: Yeah, you should only open it outside.
班森:對啊,你應該在外面開傘。
should(aux.)應該
Wendy: Oh, okay. Thanks for telling me, Benson.
溫蒂:喔,好的。謝謝你告訴我,班森。
Benson: No at all. Let’s go outside and open it there. Maybe we’ll even get some rain.
班森:沒問題。我們去外面打開吧。也許還會下雨呢。
not at all不用謝、別客氣no worries沒問題=no problemeven(adv.)甚至、就連
Wendy: Sounds like a plan! Let’s go.
溫蒂:好呀!走吧。