
海外交易手續費
Marcus wants to find a new bank. He asks his friend Ariel for advice.
馬克斯想找家新銀行。他向朋友艾瑞爾徵求意見。
ask sb for advice=尋求某人建議take one’s advice=採納某人建議
Marcus: I’m looking to switch to a new bank. I’m fed up with my current one.
馬克斯:我想換一家銀行。我受夠現在這家了。
switch(v.)切換、替換fed up=厭煩、受夠了current(adj.)當前的
Ariel: What’s the matter with it?
艾瑞爾:現在這家有什麼問題嗎?
matter(n.)麻煩事、毛病
Marcus: It has terrible customer service and charges me a lot in fees every month.
馬克斯:他們的顧客服務糟透了,還每個月收那麼多費用。
customer service=客戶服務charge(v.)索費fee(n.)費用、服務費
Ariel: That’s the issue with many banks nowadays. They keep cutting corners, and the service they provide is just the bare minimum.
艾瑞爾:這是現今許多銀行的問題啊。他們貪圖便宜行事,而且只提供最低限度的服務。
nowadays(adv.)現今、時下cut corners=圖省事、抄捷徑bare minimum=僅是最低限度maximum(n.)最大值、最大限度
Marcus: I am thinking of going online.
馬克斯:我想改為線上。
think of=認為、覺得、考慮
Ariel: Do you mean online banking? That’s an alternative.
艾瑞爾:你是指網路銀行嗎?這確實是個替代方案。
alternative(n.)替代選項、替代方案
Marcus: Some banks require no monthly fees at all.
馬克斯:有些銀行沒有規定要繳月費。
require(v.)要求、需求monthly(adj.)每月的
Ariel: I heard about that. Sometimes, there are no overdraft or foreign transaction fees, either.
艾瑞爾:我聽說過。有時甚至也沒有透支費或海外交易手續費呢。
overdraft(n.)透支費用transaction(n.)交易
Marcus: I’m thinking of opening an online account that comes with an ATM card. I know there will be ATM fees charged by other institutions when using out-of-network ATMs, but some online banks now offer ATM fee rebates as well.
馬克斯:我想開設隨附提款卡的網路帳戶。我知道跨行機構的自動提款機會收取提款費,但有些網銀會提供免手續費的回饋。
come with=附有、帶有institution(n.)機構network(n.)系統、 網路rebate(n.)退款
Ariel: So what are you waiting for? Go and open one.
艾瑞爾:那你還等什麼?快去申辦啊。
Marcus: Well, there is one drawback: online banks have no physical branches, so I can’t directly interact with any financial consultant.
馬克斯:有個缺點是網銀沒有實體分行,所以我無法直接跟理財專員接洽。
drawback(n.)缺點downside(n.)不利之處physical(adj.)實體的interact with=與...溝通互動
Ariel: I feel that’s an acceptable trade-off.
艾瑞爾:我認為這件事還可接受。
accept(v.)接受acceptable(adj.)可接受的trade-off=權衡、妥協
Marcus: The other issue is that you cannot directly deposit cash into an online account.
馬克斯:另一點是無法直接將現金存入線上帳戶。
deposit(v.)儲存、存放(金錢)withdraw(v.)提領
Ariel: Then wire the money instead. How hard could that be?
艾瑞爾:那就改用匯款啊,這能有多難?
wire(v.)電匯、匯款instead(adv.)作為替代