
完全沒有頭緒
John and Ken are watching a quiz show.
約翰和肯正在看益智節目問答。
quiz show益智問答節目
John: I cannot believe he gave up! It was the last question. He was one step away from getting one million pounds.
約翰:我不敢相信他居然放棄了!已經是最後一個問題了,他離一百萬英鎊只有一步之遙。
give up放棄pound英鎊
Ken: Because he was not sure about the final answer. What would you do if you were him?
肯:因為他不確定最後答案啊。如果你是他,你會怎麼做?
final answer最後答案were與現在事實相反用were、If I were a bird
John: I would take a chance.
約翰:我會冒個險。
take a chance冒險
Ken: But if you got the wrong answer, the prize would be reduced to only 6 thousand pounds. That’s a big loss.
肯:但是如果錯了,獎金就只剩6000英鎊,損失很大。
prize(n.)獎金reduce(v.)減少、被動loss(n.)損失
John: Still, win big or go home.
約翰:儘管如此,人要有做大事的精神啊。
win big or go home要玩就玩大的
Ken: I wouldn’t do that. I would do what he did.
肯:我不會那樣做。我會做跟他一樣的選擇。
John: Come on! It’s so boring to play it safe all the time.
約翰:拜託!一直打安全牌很無聊。
boring(adj.)令人無聊的play it safe打安全牌
Ken: The risk is too high for me. Plus…
肯:風險太高了。更何況……
risk(n.)風險plus更何況、而且
John: Plus what?
約翰:何況什麼?
Ken: I have no clue about the final question. It’s too difficult.
肯:我對最後一個問題完全沒有頭緒,題目太難了。
clue(n.)線索difficult(adj.)困難的