
院子裡跳蚤市場
Eason and Richard are talking on the phone.
伊森和理查德正在講電話。
talk on the phone講電話
Eason: Hey, are you free tomorrow?
伊森:嘿,你明天有空嗎?
free(adj.)空閒
Richard: Yeah. You wanna hang out?
理查:有啊。你想出去玩嗎?
hang out出來聚聚、玩樂
Eason: My neighbor is moving away. They are having a yard sale. Do you want to go take a look?
伊森:我的鄰居要搬家了。他們要辦一個院子買賣。想去看看嗎?
neighbor(n.)鄰居move away搬家yard sale院子買賣 or garage sale車庫買賣、yard(n.)庭院
Richard: What’s a yard sale? Are they selling yards?
理查:什麼是院子買賣?他們要賣院子?
sell(v.)賣
Eason: It’s like a small flea market in a yard.
伊森:就像辦在院子裡的小跳蚤市場。
flea market跳蚤市場
Richard: Aha. I never understood the idea of flea markets.
理查:啊哈。我其實從來都不懂跳蚤市場。
understand-understood(v.)理解、明白
Eason: Why is that?
伊森:為什麼?
Richard: Well, it’s all used stuff. Why would anyone buy that?
理查:這個嘛,都是用過的東西啊。為什麼有人會想買?
used stuff二手物
Eason: Me! I love it. One man’s trash is another man’s treasure. Are you in or not?
伊森:我啊!我很喜歡。對某人是廢物的東西,對另一人而言卻是寶物。所以你要來嗎?
in有興趣、想參一腳
Richard: Fine. I’ll meet you at your house in the afternoon then.
理查:好啦。那我們約下午在你家見。