
奧利佛的一歲生日
John and Oliver are brothers. They are cleaning the living room.
約翰和奧利佛是兄弟。他們正在打掃客廳。
living room客廳
John: I found some old VHS tapes in the TV cabinet.
約翰:我在電視櫃裡發現了一些舊的家庭錄影帶。
find-found(v.)找到cabinet(n.)櫃子
Oliver: What are these?
奧利佛:這些是什麼?
these複數這些、those複數那些
John: Oh, you didn’t know about this. You were so little back then.
約翰:哦,你完全不知道吧。那時你還很小。
little(adj.)小
Oliver: Are these video tapes?
奧利佛:這些是錄影帶吧?
John: Yes, dad used to be so keen on filming home videos.
約翰:沒錯,爸以前非常熱衷拍攝家庭錄影帶。
used to RV以前常常be keen on doing sth.熱切喜愛film(v.)拍攝
Oliver: I can’t make out the writings on the tapes.
奧利佛:我辨識不出錄影帶上寫的字。
make out辨識出、熱吻writing(n.)筆跡、文字
John: It reads, “Oliver’s First Birthday.”
約翰:它寫:「奧利佛的第一個生日。」
read(v.)閱讀、寫著
Oliver: Let’s play it! We still got the player, right?
奧利佛:放放看吧!錄放影機應該還在吧?
play(v.)播放、player(n.)播放器
John: I think it is behind the TV.
約翰:應該在電視後面。
behind(prep.)在後面
Oliver: Look! That baby is me! I was so cute.
奧利佛:看!那個寶寶是我!我好可愛。
baby(n.)寶寶cute(adj.)可愛的
John: And that’s me. I was only seven.
約翰:那個是我。那時我才七歲。