
提早溜出來
Elliot and Joan are friends. They meet outside a restaurant.
艾略特和瓊安是朋友。他們約在一家餐廳外見。
outside(prep.)外面、inside(prep.)裡面restaurant(n.)餐廳
Elliot: Joan! So nice to see you!
艾略特:瓊安!很高興見到你!
Joan: You got here early!
瓊安:你來得好早!
get here到達這裡early(adv.)早地
Elliot: Yes, I snuck out of the office.
艾略特:沒錯,我偷偷提早溜出來啊。
sneak out偷偷溜出來
Joan: Very good. I booked a table yesterday for three at seven.
瓊安:很棒。我昨天訂了一張七點三人桌。
book(v.)預訂a table for多少人用餐yesterday昨天at+時間
Elliot: For three?
艾略特:三個人?
Joan: I forgot to tell you that Jason is also coming.
瓊安:我忘了告訴你傑森也會來了。
forget to do sth.忘記
Elliot: Good old Jason! How is he?
艾略特:原來是傑森!他還好嗎?
good old老朋友稱呼
Joan: He just quit his job. We can catch up on things later.
瓊安:他剛辭職。我們可以等等敘敘舊。
quit(v.)辭職-quitlater(adv.)等等
Elliot: It’s almost seven. Should we go in?
艾略特:快七點了。我們先進去嗎?
go in進去
Joan: Sure. I’ll text Jason then.
瓊安:當然。那我發簡訊給傑森。
text(v.)傳訊息