
最不愛運動的上班族
Jennifer and Martin are colleagues. They are having lunch.
珍妮佛和馬丁是同事。他們正在吃午飯。
Jennifer: Watching the Olympics made me want to play badminton again.
珍妮佛:看奧運讓我想再次好好打羽毛球。
Martin: You play? I really can’t tell.
馬丁:你有打?我真的看不出來。
tell(v.)分辨
Jennifer: Show some respect! I once made it to the Nationals when I was in college.
珍妮佛:尊重一點!我大學的時候曾經打進全國賽。
respect(n., v.)尊重、尊敬once曾經national(ad.)全國的、大寫指全國賽、Regionals地區賽
Martin: Sorry, but you don’t strike me as a sporty person.
馬丁:對不起,但我感覺你不是一個愛運動的人。
strike sb. as讓某人覺得sporty type愛運動的人
Jennifer: I know. I haven’t been working out seriously for a long time and I pretty much just sit on my chair in my cubicle all day.
珍妮佛:我知道。我已經很長時間沒有認真健身了,我也幾乎一整天都坐在椅子上。
seriously(adv.)認真地、嚴重地cubicle(n.)小隔間
Martin: Do you know that Taiwan’s office workers are the least sporty among other Asians?
馬丁:你知道台灣上班族是亞洲國家中最不愛運動的嗎?
Jennifer: I’m not exactly surprised.
珍妮佛:我沒有很驚訝呢。
surprised(adj.)感到驚訝的
Martin: More than 70% of the workers exercise less than once a week. It’s not a contest that we want to win.
馬丁:超過70%的上班族每周運動少於一次。贏得這種比賽很不光榮啊。
exercise(v., n.)運動、take some exercise、do legs exercisesless than少於contest(n.)比賽
Jennifer: Alright. Let’s go play badminton after work this Friday!
珍妮佛:好,那週五下班我們去打羽毛球吧!
Martin: Count me in!
馬丁:算我一份!
count sb. in算某人一份、加一