
無法抵用信用卡帳單
Megan and Chris are roommates. They both got laid off in June.
梅根和克里斯是室友。他們在六月時都失業了。
be laid off=be fired=lose your job失業
Megan: We really have to tighten our belts now.
梅根:我們現在真的必須省吃儉用了。
tighten your belt縮衣節食
Chris: Tell me about it. How did your interview go yesterday?
克里斯:還用說。你昨天的面試怎麼樣?
Tell me about it.還用說、表示附和interview(n.)面試
Megan: Not so great. I need to keep looking.
梅根:不是很好。我得繼續找工作。
Chris: I got good news though. Remember the triple vouchers last year?
克里斯:不過我有好消息。還記得去年的三倍券嗎?
triple(adj.)三倍的
Megan: Of course. I bought a pair of sneakers with those vouchers.
梅根:當然。我用三倍券買了一雙運動鞋。
Chris: The government is going to give out more. Similar vouchers are on the way, but this time we can buy NT$5,000 worth of vouchers for just NT$1,000.
克里斯:政府還會發第二波,這次用一千塊就能換到五千塊喔。
give out分送、發放similar(adj.)類似的on the way在路上、計畫中worth of價值多少、one million worth of watch
Megan: How nice! The vouchers could save my life.
梅根:太棒了!我很需要啊。
save(v.)拯救、挽救、save the planet拯救地球
Chris: But you still have to keep in mind that the vouchers can’t be used to pay taxes, utility bills or credit card bills.
克里斯:但得記住五倍券不能用來繳稅、水電費或信用卡帳單喔。
keep in mind銘記pay(v.)支付tax(n.)稅收utility bill水電費、bill(n.)帳單、鈔票
Megan: When can we start getting the vouchers?
梅根:什麼時候可以開始領五倍券呢?
Chris: Probably in September, with both physical and digital vouchers available.
克里斯:很有可能是在九月,會推出實體券跟數位版本。
physical(adj.)身體的、實體的、a physical store實體店面digital(adj.)數位的