
笑話太難笑了
Finn and Jenny are colleagues. They are having lunch.
芬恩和珍妮是同事。他們正在吃午飯。
Jenny: A penny for your thoughts. You’re so quiet today.
珍妮:你在想什麼?你今天很安靜。
a penny for your thoughts在想什麼quiet(adj.)安靜的
Finn: Oh, it’s nothing.
芬恩:哦,沒什麼。
Jenny: Come on. You can tell me.
珍妮:來嘛,你可以告訴我。
tell(v.)告訴-told
Finn: Okay. I went to see my brother’s show last night.
芬恩:好啦。我昨晚去看了我哥哥的表演。
show(n.)表演、節目
Jenny: His show?
珍妮:他的表演?
Finn: He wants to be a comedian, so he signed up for some classes.
芬恩:他想成為一名喜劇演員,所以他報名了一些課程。
comedian(n.)喜劇演員、stand-up單口、comedy(n.)喜劇、talk show脫口秀sign up for sth.報名
Jenny: Was he funny?
珍妮:他很好笑嗎?
funny(adj.)好笑的
Finn: That’s the problem. His jokes were so bad. I didn’t know where to put myself.
芬恩:這就是問題了。他的笑話太難笑了。我都不知道如何是好。
joke(n.)笑話
Jenny: You should just tell him and help him be better.
珍妮:你應該告訴他你的看法並幫他變得更好啊。
be better改善、進步
Finn: Maybe that’s for the best.
芬恩:也許這個辦法不錯呢。
for the best最好的