
太陽風暴襲擊地球
Gina and Benson are colleagues. Benson is on a business trip in New York.
吉娜和班森是同事。班森正在紐約出差。
business trip出差
Gina: Benson! How is New York?
吉娜:班森!紐約如何啊?
Benson: All good. I’m heading down to D.C. tomorrow night.
班森:一切都很好。我明天晚上要去華盛頓特區。
head down南下
Gina: Don’t forget to look up at the sky tonight!
吉娜:今晚別忘了抬頭看看天空!
look up抬頭、look sth. up in the dictionary查字典、look up to sb.敬重仰慕
Benson: Why? Is there a meteor shower?
班森:為什麼?看的到流星雨嗎?
meteor shower流星雨
Gina: Even better. You might get to see auroras.
吉娜:會看到更美的東西。你可能會看到極光。
Benson: How come? I’m nowhere close to the Arctic circle.
班森:怎麼會?我離極圈還很遠呢。
nowhere close to非常遙遠、一點都不近Arctic circle北極圈、Antarctic circle南極圈、North or South Pole北極、南極
Gina: A solar storm will hit the Earth tonight. Some places in lower latitudes in North America will be able to see the colorful dancing lights.
吉娜:今晚會有太陽風暴襲擊地球。北美一些低緯度的地方可以看到五彩繽紛的舞動極光唷。
solar(adj.)太陽的low(adj.)低的、middle(adj.)中的、high(adj.)高的、latitude緯度、longitude經度colorful(adj.)五顏六色的
Benson: Really? How amazing!
班森:真的嗎?太棒了吧!
Gina: I saw some when I was in Alaska. It will blow you away for sure.
吉娜:我在阿拉斯加的時候看過極光,肯定會讓你大吃一驚。
blow you away使某人驚豔=blow your mind=bowl you over
Benson: Thanks!
班森:謝謝你。