
天氣越來越冷
Jack and Norma are roommates. Jack is heading out.
傑克和諾瑪是室友。傑克要出門。
head out出門
Norma: Where are you going?
諾瑪:你要去哪裡?
Jack: My friends invited me to see a movie.
傑克:我的朋友邀我去看電影。
invite(v.)邀請
Norma: You should put on a jacket. It’s getting colder.
諾瑪:你應該穿上夾克。天氣越來越冷了。
jacket(n.)夾克get colder變冷
Jack: Is the first northeast monsoon coming down?
傑克:第一道東北季風要下來了嗎?
come down南下、go up北上
Norma: Yes, it’s the first one this year. The temperature will drop to below 20 degrees.
諾瑪:沒錯,今年第一波。溫度會降到20度以下。
temperature(n.)溫度、rise(v.)上升、drop(v.)下降、放掉below(prep.)以下、above(prep.)以上、below zero零度以下
Jack: Will it rain?
傑克:會下雨嗎?
Norma: Definitely. You should bring an umbrella with you as well.
諾瑪:會。你也應該帶把傘。
Jack: We can expect a typical winter in Taiwan this year.
傑克:今年會迎來一個台灣典型的冬天啊。
expect(v.)預期typical(adj.)典型的
Norma: Yes, more monsoons will arrive. It will get colder and colder.
諾瑪:對啊,更多的東北季風會報到。天氣會越來越冷。
arrive(v.)抵達
Jack: It’s about time. It was too hot this summer.
傑克:也是時候了。今年夏天太熱了。
It′s about time.是時候