
買耳塞暫時將就?
Tina and Frank are a couple. They live in an apartment building.
緹娜與法蘭克是一對夫妻。他們住在公寓大樓裡。
Tina: Frank, did you hear the noise from our neighbor next door?
緹娜:法蘭克,你有聽到從隔壁鄰居那裡傳來的噪音嗎?
neighbor(n.)鄰居neighborhood(n.)街坊、鄰近地區、住宅區
Frank: Yes, it’s loud. Should we talk to them about it?
法蘭克:有啊,好大聲啊。我們應該跟他們反映這件事嗎?
loud(adj.)吵鬧的、大聲的、響亮的
Tina: No, I’m afraid of causing trouble.
緹娜:不要吧,我擔心會惹出麻煩。
be afraid of…害怕~、擔心~
Frank: Let me talk to them. Maybe they don’t realize how loud they are.
法蘭克:讓我去跟他們談談吧。他們可能沒有意識到自己有多大聲。
realize(v.)意識到
Tina: Okay, but please be polite.
緹娜:好吧,但要有禮貌地跟他們說喔。
polite(adj.)有禮貌的rude(adj.)無禮的、粗魯的
Frank: Of course, I will. We need to do something about it.
法蘭克:當然,我會的。我們總得做些什麼。
(Frank goes next door and knocks on the neighbor’s door. After a few minutes, he returns.)
(法蘭克去到隔壁,敲了敲鄰居的門。幾分鐘後,他就回來了)
return(v.)返回、回歸
Tina: What did they say?
緹娜:他們說了什麼?
Frank: No one answered. I guess they’re not home.
法蘭克:沒人應門。我猜他們不在家。
answer(n.)答案;(v.)應答、回答answer the phone接起電話應答answer the door開門接客
Tina: That’s too bad. What should we do now?
緹娜:糟糕。我們現在該怎麼辦?
Frank: We can try again later or leave a note for them.
法蘭克:我們可以等一下再試試,或是留張字條給他們。
note(n.)字條、便條leave a note留字條
Tina: Good idea. Maybe we can get some earplugs for now.
緹娜:好主意。或許我們可以買耳塞暫時將就著用。
earplug(n.)耳塞
Frank: Exactly. We’ll figure something out.
法蘭克:沒錯。我們總會找到辦法的。
figure out搞清楚、弄明白
Tina: Thank you for trying to talk to them, Frank.
緹娜:謝謝你試著跟他們說,法蘭克。
Frank: No problem. I just want us to be able to relax in our own home.
法蘭克:小事,我只是希望我們在自己的家裡可以放鬆。
be able to RV能夠做某事
Tina: Me too. Let’s see what else we can do to make it quieter in here.
緹娜:我也是怎麼想的。讓我們想想看還能做些什麼讓這裡更安靜一些。
make sth. adj.使某物變得~