
請繫好安全帶
Allen is at an airport. He needs to get to the office for a meeting quickly, so he hails a taxi.
艾倫在機場,他需要馬上回辦公室開會,所以叫了計程車。
airport(n.)機場meeting(n.)會議quickly(adv.)很快地hail a taxi招計程車
Allen: Taxi!
艾倫:計程車!
Driver: Where to, sir?
司機:先生要去哪裡?
Allen: To the city center. How long is it going to take?
艾倫:市中心。大概要多久才會到?
city center市中心take(v.)花多久時間
Driver: About 45 minutes, give or take.
司機:大概45分鐘。
give or take大約
Allen: Alright. I don’t have any time to waste. Step on it!
艾倫:好的,沒時間浪費了,快出發吧!
step on it踩上去、事不宜遲
Driver: Just a heads-up. There’s going to be a traffic jam on the highway up ahead. It’s rush hour.
司機:先跟你說,現在高速公路會塞車,因為是尖峰時刻。
heads-up提醒traffic jam塞車highway高速公路up ahead前面的rush hour尖峰時刻
Allen: Really! That’s all I need right now!
艾倫:真的嗎!會不會太幸運!
後句反諷
Driver: It’s alright, sir. I know a shortcut.
司機:沒關係的,先生。我知道一條捷徑。
shortcut(n.)小路、捷徑
Allen: I have a really important meeting in an hour.
艾倫:那就抄捷徑吧。我再一個小時有個很重要的會要開。
hour(n.)小時
Driver: Ok. Please buckle up, sir. We’ll be there in no time.
司機:好的,請繫好安全帶,我們馬上出發。
buckle up繫好安全帶=fasten seatbeltin no time馬上