
新規9月上路
Mike and Lily are high school classmates. They are talking in the school hallway about a new phone rule.
麥可和莉莉是高中同學。他們在學校走廊上聊天,討論一項關於手機的新規定。
rule(n.)規則follow rules遵守規定break rules違反規定make rules制定規則
Mike: Hey Lily, did you hear about the new phone rule at school?
麥可:嘿,莉莉,你有聽說學校的新手機規定嗎?
Lily: Yes, I did. Starting this September, we have to hand in our phones when we enter school.
莉莉:有啊,從今年九月開始,我們進校門時要交出手機。
hand in交出enter(v.)進入、參加
Mike: Really? That sounds strict. Why do they want to do that?
麥可:真的嗎?聽起來好嚴格。為什麼要這樣做?
strict(adj.)嚴格的
Lily: The Ministry of Education says it will help students focus better in class.
莉莉:教育部說這樣能讓學生上課更專心。
ministry(n.)部receive education接受教育focus(v.)專注focus on +N./V-ing專注於…
Mike: I see. But what if we need to call our parents or check something important?
麥可:我懂了。可是如果要打給家長或查重要的事怎麼辦?
What if…?要是…會怎樣呢?important(adj.)重要的
Lily: They said we can get our phones back during breaks or after school. So it’s not a full ban.
莉莉:他們說休息時間或放學後可以拿回手機,所以不是完全禁止。
during(prep.)在…期間ban(n.)(v.)禁止ban sb. from N./V-ing禁止某人做某事
Mike: That’s good to know. I was worried we wouldn’t use phones at all.
麥可:那我放心了,我還以為完全不能用手機呢。
not...at all一點也不~、完全不~
Lily: Me too! It might be hard at first, but maybe it will help us study more.
莉莉:我也是!一開始可能不習慣,但說不定真的能幫助我們多用功。
at first起初、一開始
Mike: Yeah, and we can talk more with friends in real life, not just online.
麥可:對啊,而且我們可以多和朋友面對面聊天,不只是在網路上。
in real life在現實生活中
Lily: Let’s give it a try and see how it goes!
莉莉:那我們就試試看吧,看結果會怎麼樣!
give it a try試試看