
最寒冷的日子
Amy is in her yard and sees her neighbor Sam walking by. She says hello and talks with him for a moment.
艾咪在自家庭院看到鄰居山姆路過,向他打招呼並攀談了幾句。
walk by經過、走過pass by經過(時間、車輛)moment(n.) 一會兒、片刻、重要時刻
Amy: Hi, Sam… oh wow, it’s really cold today.
艾咪:嗨,山姆⋯⋯哇,今天真的好冷喔。
Sam: Yeah, it is. The wind is strong.
山姆:對啊,風很大。
strong(adj.)強的、強烈的
Amy: Um, I feel very cold at home.
艾咪:嗯,我在家裡覺得好冷。
at home在家
Sam: Yeah, me too.
山姆:對啊,我也是。
Amy: So, well, I want to cook some soup.
艾咪:所以,嗯,我想煮點湯。
cook(v.)煮、烹調(n.)廚師chef(n.)專業廚師
Sam: Oh, that’s a good idea on a cold day.
山姆:喔,冷天煮湯是個好主意。
idea(n.)想法、點子the idea of sth.對某事的想法throw around ideas討論、交換想法
Amy: But, um… I don’t have an onion.
艾咪:可是,嗯⋯⋯我沒有洋蔥。
Sam: Oh, I see. Let me check at home. I think I have one.
山姆:喔,我懂了。我回家看看,我想我有一顆。
have(v.)有、經歷、遭遇
Amy: Oh, really? That would be great.
艾咪:喔,真的嗎?那太好了。
Sam: Yeah, wait a moment. (He goes home and comes back with an onion.) Here you are.
山姆:好,你等我一下。(他回家後帶回了一個洋蔥。)給你。
wait a moment等一下、稍等一下
Amy: Oh, thank you! That’s very kind of you.
艾咪:喔,謝謝你!你真貼心。
adj. of sb.形容某人的特質或行為
Sam: You’re welcome. Well, stay warm today.
山姆:不客氣,嗯,今天要注意保暖喔。
warm(adj.)溫暖的、暖和的